NHCA COVID-19 Response
The NHCA has shared resources and updates with New Hampshire chiropractors throughout the pandemic. Have a question that you don’t see answered here? Contact us at [email protected].
New Hampshire chiropractic license renewal occurs at the end of June 2023. Of the usual 20 continuing education hours required, rules ordinarily limit online credit to 5 hours. In consideration of many educational events changing or being canceled as a result of the pandemic, the New Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners made adjustments to this rule and is currently accepting 10 hours of online continuing education credit. To receive continuing education credit from an online seminar, chiropractors must take a test associated with the course and score 80% or higher.
Infection Prevention & Control Recommendations
As guidelines for the general population have changed over time, some members have reached out to ask where they can find the most recent COVID-19 infection prevention and control recommendations for healthcare personnel. The State of New Hampshire does not have its own guidelines for healthcare personnel, but rather defaults to the CDC’s recommendations. You can find current CDC infection prevention and control recommendations for healthcare personnel here.
Managing Your Practice in a Pandemic
NCMIC has provided a comprehensive list of resources to support chiropractors in managing a practice safely and effectively during the pandemic.
Supporting Patients with Long COVID
Chronic post-COVID conditions can occur in patients who have had varying degrees of illness during acute infection, including those who had mild or asymptomatic infections. You may encounter this phenomenon in your practice, referred to as long COVID, long-haul COVID, post-acute COVID syndrome, or post-acute sequalae of SARS-COV-2 infection (PASC). Medical and research communities are still learning about these post-acute symptoms and clinical findings, but a variety of resources are available for providers. We’ve included a few that we think you may find helpful:
- Post-COVID Conditions: Overview for Healthcare Providers
- Safe Rehabilitation Approaches for People Living with Long COVID: Physical Activity and Exercise from World Physiotherapy
- ECHO Webinar Series: Long COVID and Fatiguing Illness Recovery Program
- Chiropractic Economics: Addressing Long COVID: $386 billion cost, 7% of U.S. adults suffering symptoms
- Webinar: Dysautonomia Symptoms in Long Haul COVID 19
- Body Politic: Resources for Providers
- Long COVID Physio: Long COVID and Exercise
- Post-COVID Syndrome: A Functional Medicine Approach (podcast)