NHCA Legislative Chair Mark Stagnone, DC testifies in front of the House Commerce and Consumer Affairs Committee in support of HB 247 in February 2022.
Over the past year, the NHCA has done work on behalf of the profession that we’re proud of. The association:
- Advertised chiropractic’s “hands-on, drug free approach to healthcare in a safe environment” on NHPR and its podcasts from March to August, directing listeners to our member map.
- Allied with a multi-disciplinary group of healthcare organizations to advocate for HB 247, a bill that would ensure adequate chiropractic coverage for patients who would otherwise be prescribed opioids for acute or chronic pain.
- Sent our board members to Concord to testify in support of HB 1245, a bill that would address unfair chiropractic copayment practices by insurance companies.
- Held a virtual town hall event open to all NH chiropractors to collect information on the issues impacting the profession throughout the state.
- Presented continuing education in collaboration with the ACA Pediatrics Council.
- Lobbied New Hampshire’s congressional delegation to support the Chiropractic Medicare Coverage Modernization Act, which would update Medicare rules to allow coverage for our usual scope of services, including exams. That means better chiropractic coverage for over 300,000 Granite Staters!
- Hired our first Association Manager to ensure that we are consistently and reliably meeting the needs of New Hampshire chiropractors.
This year, we continue to advocate on legislation impacting the profession and plan exciting continuing education opportunities, both virtual and in-person. We are gathering information from New Hampshire chiropractors to address Anthem payment delays, and anticipate that the NHCA will be represented as a stakeholder in a state-commissioned study on minimum chiropractic insurance coverage by commercial insurance plans.
This work is made possible by our members across the state. To continue and expand our efforts, we need your support.
You can support our work by becoming an NHCA member today!